Tuesday 28 May 2013

Something NEW

I have decided to made a new winter dress.  Depending on the fabric, it can actually be worn during the other months as well.  Last winter and this winter coming so far I have been making pinafores out of corduroy fabric.  Love corduroy for the colder months.  These pinafores have been a bit different to the usual ones you see.  They have had press studs at the straps and satin bows hand sewn on them.  See below...


To be honest, I got bored of making them over and over again.  And they are at every handmade market I've been to (except without the bows).  SO....  I decided to make something a little different.  It's the Shift Dress.  Similar style (Aline) no straps just a button loop at the back.  Instead of the whole dress being lined, only the bodice is.  The benefit of the Shift dress is that there is less fabric used (so a little less expensive to make and buy), I can use my overlocker more, therefore they are quicker to make = less time = less expense for purchaser =savings.  Less hand sewing for poor mum which of course = less time = less expense etc etc...


Like to see?


This first one is for my Daughter.  I always try out patterns on my daughter to see if they are a good fit and how difficult they are to sew.

The Front

 
 
The Back
 
 
Button Loop
 
The pattern I have used is by www.5berries.com
 
Love to know what you think?
Take Care
Julia G
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment